The printing cost of fine art print and posters is not the same. Why this price difference? Images look the same, so why one costs significantly more in comparison? Actually, posters and fine art printing has unique role to play in current scenario.
What is the difference?
Due to advance in technology, posters created using digital printing is very attractive. However, companies with huge projects need better quality at affordable pricing. So, they turn to balanced printing, which allows to create posters by thousands with a single original piece reproduction and is priced reasonably. No one will be keen to buy a Lady Gaga poster for more than $12, if it is not autographed, so production cost needs to be kept low. Posters make use of ink and paper, which brings decent ROI. Quality is not that perfect but if taken care posters are proven to last for years.
Alternatively, fine art print concentrate on quality rather than quantity. Reproduction of poster of some popular painting may sell at $4 each but thousands of fine art prints with similar work may sell at $45 each. Production cost is crucial but not definitely essential here. Everything is about quality – superior printing surface material and inks. It helps to resemble original work much better and deteriorate much slowly than a poster.
Due to increase in technology and graphic designer skills, most of them cannot distinguish between plakatite trükk [posters printing] and fine art prints created recently from printing machine. Both have remarkable colors and printing quality, which will need several years to spot the real difference.
Poster vs. fine art prints
- For immediate and mass production poster prints are a great choice. When they get old, colors fade and you need to throw them away. On the other hand, fine art prints stay in better shape but if maintained well bright colors hold their vibrancy.
- Unlike poster, fine art prints are not limited to be printed on paper. Different materials can be used including canvas, wood, plastic, copper, and many other surfaces beyond imagination.
- Fine prints are not just photocopy but owing to its superior quality and endurance, value can get increased overtime.
- Posters can be framed and kept away from light overexposure to maintain its color vibrancy for many years.
- Fine artwork prints can give your restaurant or hotel a unique vibe, especially when artwork is printed on brass and copper plates rather than hung from framed posters.
- Cost of replacing & reframing posters after every few years is significant, so hotels are opting fine art prints.
- If you are in art business then reproducing your original artworks on fine prints is a good way to add extra income, as these can be sold at high cost than posters. Community willingly pays more for them.
- Posters key advantage is mass production instantly, so businesses planning a promotional event find this option more beneficial in terms of production cost and time.
- Poster volume is easy to ship in comparison to fine artwork prints, as more care is necessary to protect ruining of ink.
- Fine art prints add quality, so people use it for personal prints like printing birthday, wedding or other photos. Alternatively, posters are good for commercial use.
If you are confused to decide between poster and fine artwork prints then take help from Abiprint professional printing team.
This article has been written by Stephen Tomalin. Abiprint in Tallinn has been employing the updated digital printing in their posters. For your plakatite trükk needs, you can contact them. They have good experience and have worked with large and small companies. You can visit their website to get quality print and best value for money.